For anyone who’s ever heard the eternal words "I’m getting married! Will you be my bridesmaid?", you’ll be fully aware of the horrendous puff-sleeve dresses in furniture-like patterns, and more importantly, the ugly shoes that immediately spring to mind. However, you might be lucky enough to be allowed to pick the shoes yourself. If not, tap the bride-to-be on the shoulder and send her Shoewawa-wards. Here’s their rundown of the must-have shoes that are wedding compatible, suitable for brides, bridesmaids and wedding guests.
With thanks to Toni Stokes
Lulu Guinness ‘Martha’ (silver or gold) £185
- The perfect wedding shoe if money is no object. The heel is low enough to make walking around all day comfortable, instead of excrutiating.
Gina Bridal ‘Emma’ court £335
- A gorgeous classic shaped court with Gina’s customary bling!
Schuh Diamante trim open waist sandals £44.99
- Carrie Bradshaw-esque D’Orsay’s for those style-conscious wedding parties!
Bouquets ‘Megan’ $45.95
- Ideal if you’re going to be walking all day. A simple ballet pump with cute bow detail.
Manolo Blahnik ‘Carolyne’ slingbacks $495 (various colours)
- If you ever needed an excuse to splash out on a pair of Manolo’s, your wedding day is it. Indulge yourself with this ultimate classic in white satin.