Welcome back and a Happy New Year to all our lovely readers. What better way to kick off the new year than to make some predictions for what I think will be in store for wedding dresses during 2008. Do feel free to add in your predictions too in the comments section – would love to know what you think will be hot and happening!
1. Corsages. We saw a lot of corsages on the catwalks but there are moves towards overblown, blowsy flowers rather than barely details with styles ranging from roses to lilies. If your dresss doesn’t have one, improvise with a corsage brooch that you can transfer to another outfit later.
2. Empire lines. Everyone should try an empire line dress on even if you don’t end up buying one. They’re flattering to almost everyone with skimming silhouettes and are great if you like the glamorous Grecian styles or picture perfect Jane Austen era.
[Pictured: Ben De Lisi]
3. Belts. Sashes may still be an extremely popular way to give some colour to your gown but chic belts are a great new twist on the trend. Look out for leather for an urban twist and metallics for a modern look.
4. Short. Almost every designer now has a short option and I love them. From full skirted fifties styles to sleek knee-length suits and funky little dresses, there is one to suit everyone so don’t be afraid of putting your legs on show!
5. Colour. Like the short dress, coloured styles are making waves. You don’t have to stick to pastel pinks and gentle golds, go for full-on bold colours like purple as seen recently at Vera Wang, claret or even chocolate.
Related: Wedding dresses