Jewellery designer Jeremy Hoye has a large selection of ‘ready-to-wear’ engagement and wedding rings for both men and women with designs including black diamonds and other distinctive modern twists. Bespoke pieces can also be commissioned with a face to face consultation at his Brighton store. You’ll find his jewellery gracing many a celeb too with recent designs including TV presenter Holly Willoughby’s wedding ring.
However, Jeremy knows that picking rings is no easy task and that’s why he’s supplied us with his top tips for picking the perfect rings.
Jeremy Hoye’s tips for choosing the perfect engagement and wedding ring include:
• Decide on a realistic budget, this will help you with the decision making process
• Do some research – go through magazines, search online and visit a number of stores to get some inspiration
• It’s often easier to decide on what you don’t want first. For example, if you’re looking for something modern and unusual, you’ll probably want to avoid the more traditional solitaire style
• Decide on gold or silver initially, then you can decide between white gold, platinum, etc once you’re clear on the overall design and costs involved
• Do be honest and choose something that works with your personal sense of style. If you’re very fashion conscious, remember that your engagement or wedding ring has to complement your wardobe
• Book a consultation with your chosen designer involved, so you have an set amount of time together to discuss the different options available. They are the experts and will offer honest advice
• Take your time – don’t feel pressurised to go for the first style you see. Do go back and try and it on several times before committing
• Don’t be afraid to go for more unusual stones, such as Black Diamonds or Pink Sapphires, it will make your ring even more personal to you and is a popular trend at the moment
To discuss bespoke commissions, call 0845 094 3175.