It’s often hard to know what gifts you need from your guests on your wedding day, especially if you and your partner have been living together for years and have the toaster, kettle, candles all sorted out.
Therefore why not think about making a gift to charity.
Breakthrough Breast Cancer has launched Wedding List Givingwith the support of wedding planner to the stars, Peregrine Armstrong-Jones.
The charity is asking brides and grooms-to-be to consider having a wedding list with a difference by asking guests to make a donation to the charity instead of giving presents.
The idea is one of the seasons’ top wedding trends from Peregrine, the mastermind behind the wedding of David and Victoria Beckham, the civil ceremony of Sir Elton John and David Furnish as well as Peter Phillips and Autumn Kelly’s royal nuptials.
She has also kindly compiled five wedding tips for us to pass onto you.
Read on after the jump.
1. For wedding gowns, classic white, cream or ivory are still the main trend as they don’t date in photographs. For signature colours, which run all the way through from bridesmaid dresses to decorations, rich burgundy is big this year, as is lilac.
2. Go for something different and contemporary with your flowers – really full of movement and life. Fuchsia vanda orchids are very popular this year mixed with vivid oranges.
3. It is a lovely touch to place gifts on the tables at weddings and personalised wedding favours are particularly big.
4. Try a wedding list with a difference and ask your guests to make a donation to Breakthrough Breast Cancer as an alternative to traditional wedding presents. It’s a really special way of showing your support and the money you raise will help fund life-saving research, campaigning and education work.
5. For the reception, instead of having a traditional marquee, why not try a tent with a more contemporary structure. Tents are really on-trend, there are a lot of quirky varieties such as tepees or Bedouin style and if you choose an open variety guests can also enjoy the beautiful views and setting of your wedding.
Bride and grooms interested in setting up a Breakthrough Breast Cancer wedding list can find out how by visiting www.breakthrough.org.uk/celebrate or calling 020 7025 2428.